Bicycle crunch abs exercise is the top most effective abs fitness exercise to achieve that flat and toned abs. A study was conducted at San Diego State University and it was compared to other 13 abdominal exercise and this came out as the number one when it comes to strengthening the abs.
Here is how to perform this bicycle crunch exercise:
1. Lie down flat on the floor with your back against the floor. Use an exercise mat to protect the back or you can also make use of an exercise ball to support the back.
2. Put both your hands on the sides of your head.
3. Fold your knees to about 45 degrees angle and do a bicycle pedal motion.
4. Then your right elbow should touch your left knee and your left elbow to touch your right knee.
5. Breathe evenly as you do the exercise. Make sure to not overdo it because it can hurt your back. Perform at least eight repetitions and increase the repetitions as days go by.
To achieve your goal faster, accompany bicycle crunch abs exercise with healthy diet and perform it 3 times a week or more as desired. You have seen this many times in fitness shows, it is very common and simple and can be done at home and at the park. Change the settings where you do your workouts, do not just stay in the gym every time you do your workout. Running or jogging out in the open will make your workout more exciting because you are not only confined in one place and you are pressured with the others who are training hard in the gym.